Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Big Huge update

I know that it’s been awhile since I’ve written anything anywhere, things have been strange, and I haven’t been feeling well. I can’t wait to get a doctor so I can get my blood sugar back under control. I have put myself on a strict regiment again but it doesn’t seem to be helping at the moment. As soon as I can get insurance I am going to get in to see a doc so that I can be healthy for John and JP. I am stressed and I have had a toothache off and on for the last two weeks, but without insurance there isn’t much I can do about that at the moment. Other then take care of my teeth the best that I can. As for the blood sugar I am taking a higher dose then was prescribed in VT. I am supposed to be taking 10 units of Lantus two times a day and only 3 units with meals. It was discouraging because it wasn’t working so I stopped taking it. I also think it is a little post partum depression too making me not care about myself. I have made a resolution to take care of it so I can be healthy for my family. So, now I am taking 25 tow times a day and I am going to go back to the carbohydrate ratio it seemed to be working much better than a just a lump of short acting insulin. I need to get on the pump like Meg Costello said. I think once I get a pump it will be much much easier. So I am keeping track of my blood sugars and what I am eating again like I did when I was pregnant with JP. I think that will help the doctors see what needs to be done.


Speaking of JP he is doing well, eating like a little piggy he is eating between 6 and 8 oz every feeding, and he eats about every 3 to 4 hours depending on his hunger levels. I no longer wake him for feedings he does it himself, so far today he has eaten 17 oz and he is nowhere near done! He is very good at keeping himself occupied, and can hold his rattle himself, there is video on MySpace of this. He is still having trouble following your voice if you are not mom or dad, and he seems to still have a little trouble with this. Those of you who have had the pleasure of seeing, meeting, and holding him would be so surprised at how much bigger he has become! He is up to 24” long, and at last check up (about a week ago) was 11 pounds even! His head is 15 1/3” around! I just can’t believe how much bigger he has become. At his two months well child check he was only in the 3rd percentile at 11 wks he has gone up to the 20th percentile for height and weight and the 10th percentile for head circumference! He is a growing baby boy! I am very proud of the little man!


John and I are doing very well, we have adjusted to caring for JP together nicely and we truly have a stronger bond together since we have been able to be together again. It’s amazing that we just kind of picked up where we left off when I moved back to Vermont last July. It’s soothing to be here when he gets home from work. Just as it is comforting to know that once he gets home I have a little help with the little man. John just started online classes, and seems to be doing ok. I don’t think it is stressing him out nearly as much as work is! He has been doing a lot of overtime, which is good for his paycheck but stressful for him. He had to work on Jp’s first Easter because someone called out sick. I don’t think it made him very happy. He will be working late for the next week and I am not sure how long after that. It’s hard on John and I can see that, but hopefully this going back to school will allow him to move up higher on the company ladder.


Poppa is currently out of the hospital for another two weeks, then he will go in to have his skin graph done and his fistulas repaired and once he heals enough he will be able to come home down here! I can’t wait they said he is doing well and is healing much better than they expected. He is really glad to be out of the hospital and to be with Sylvia spending time with her before he comes home! This is all I have time to write for now, I need to start dinner so it will be done when john gets home, and I want to vacuum the living room while JP is awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment